Monday, June 6, 2011

Los Padres Van Dunk

We have been lucky to have had so many wonderful people come and share this Mexican adventure with us. Thank you all! But when I heard in late January that my Dad had ordered a passport I have to say I was cautiously excited. I knew that Mom would be game as she has been to several places outside the US. My only trepidation for them was navigating the airports and navigating our callejon. Heidi indicated early on that she would join them-and since she knows GTO she would be the perfect guide as Erik and I had work and school. After listening to the wisdom of our family members we decided to rent a hotel in the center of town. This made traversing the city simple-but it also meant that they had to go to sleep to the sounds of a fiesta every night.

After a brief hiccup with the US State Department denying Dad's existence--and their diligence in proving to them that yes, Dad definitely does exist--the trip was set.

After an amazing visit we sent them home --well traveled but definitely not well rested.

Below are some photos from this time.

Grandma and Grandpa with the boys
The whole gang on the ranch
Maria Loiusa showing us how to make a great meal




Pauline showing how it's done!
Maurice and Gordon on Burros

Keep an eye on that dealer!
Maurice taking his grandparents on an adventure
I think Gordon went to the top
Plaza de la Paz
Rico leads Grandma up the callejon to our house
The ladies and the view
The base of  Pipila
Pauline in one of Guanajuato's many tunnels


No comments:

Post a Comment